Choosing the right construction management software is not always the easiest task for an organisation. The construction and infrastructure sector has specific constraints that need appropriate responses. Here are a few tips to help you with your choice.
Defining your needs to have a construction management software
Before choosing your construction management software, you should define your needs so that you can precisely identify the features that correspond to your activity.
In order to do so, you must ask yourself the right questions to get the best results:
- What are the features necessary to your activity?
- Do you need to raise issues or defects and manage site progress?
- Do you have a large amount of data to analyse?
- Do you work alone or with a team? How many people are involved in the project?
- Do you have technical constraints? What tools and operating system do you use?
- Do you need a custom version of your software?
These questions will help you in your search to define the product that answers your needs the most.
An intuitive user interface
Construction management software has advanced features that can be hard to handle at first. Using such software can be complicated and working is not always as easy as it was intended to be. This is why it’s important to choose an intuitive software with a user-friendly interface so you obtain efficient results right from the start. You’ll master more advanced features with time and with regular practice so you’ll gain advanced knowledge of it.
Key features adapted to your project tasks
When it comes to construction management several features are indispensable from project inception to delivery and beyond.
- A feature that helps you prepare your project so you can stay in touch with the architect and the main contractor during the inception and concept design phase
- During the construction phase, you have to be able to manage defects reports, your drawings and documents, and to communicate with the rest of your team. It’s also important to be able to efficiently produce or site meetings reports
- During handover and commissioning periods, it’s necessary to have a feature for managing client’s requirements and associated information
- Finally, during different warranty checks, maintenance and monitoring operations, it’s important to be able to manage the most recent defects entered and any new ones observed
High-quality customer service
It’s always important to check your software developer before buying a product. A business that sells software to you should be viable and have a long-term vision of its activity. This ensures the life and evolution of the software, and you’ll be confident about the proper functioning of your product as well as it’s updated. It’s also important to be aware of the customer service it provides. In the event of any technical issue, question or specific enquiry, you need to be able to have technical support by telephone or by email.
Our answer: BatiScript
What’s our solution? With BatiScript Script&Go aims to provide an alternative, and in our minds better, the solution to meet the key construction management needs of construction professionals today by :
- Providing an all-in-one solution that allows you to store digital project information and work with it directly from the site
- Removing all back-office reporting operations definitively (rekeying notes taken on the site is extremely time-wasting)
- Enabling your teams to work together on the same project, or sites, with enhanced collaboration, user management and with rationalised for easier and more secure data exchange
If you are a property developer, architect, engineer or other consultants, the main contractor, trade or subcontractor, BatiScript allows you to enjoy the best of digitalisation, to allow you to become significantly more efficient and productive.